By The Krazy Coupon Lady: http://thekrazycouponlady.com/tips/style/13-free-simple-ways-to-save-old-makeup/
We all have it somewhere—stuck away in the back of a drawer, in a bag under the bathroom vanity, or in a basket on a shelf in the closet. It’s that collection of old, mostly-used makeup. What you may not know is that you can bring new life to what’s left—just use the tips below!
Storage and application
For easy storage, mix your new makeup blends in a small, portable container. A seven-day, plastic, vitamin box works great, especially if you have several colors to remake. Or better yet, if you’ve emptied out a four-shade shadow compact, simply refill it with the newly created creams. In the past, I’ve used a contact lens container and that worked great too.
1. Use old blush for lip gloss.
2. Get more use out of dried mascara by soaking it in a cup of hot water.
3. Fix cracked pressed powder, bronzer, and eyeshadow with rubbing alcohol.
4. Get dried out gel eyeliners to work again by heating them in the microwave.
5. Reblend old eyeshadow and blush with petroleum jelly.
6. Reshape and refrigerate old lipstick.
7. Stretch the last few drops of a perfume by adding it to unscented body lotion.
8. Transform old lipstick into a tinted lip balm.
9. Revive sticky or dried out nail polish with nail polish remover.
10. Hydrate flaking liquid foundation by mixing it with moisturizer.
11. Create a cream blush with old lip color and petroleum jelly.
12. Refresh makeup brushes with baby shampoo.
13. Reshape bent-out-of-shape bristles with paper towels.